We've listed some of the questions we are asked the most. If you don't see your question answered, please give us a call 516-442-4600 and we'd love to answer them for you.
DO I NEED TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO CONSIGN OR CAN I JUST WALK IN?
- In order for us to keep our inventory levels correct and the boutique organized, all consigning is done by appointment only. We typically work a month in advance, appointment days are Monday and Wednesday.
- Please call the boutique to set up a day and time.
HOW DO I BRING MY ITEMS IN?
- All clothing items are required to be brought in on hangers (which will be returned at the time of the appointment). We will not accept folded clothing items or items brought in garbage bags.
- Clothing shall be pristine, cleaned and wrinkle-free.
- Shoes and handbags clean and polished.
WHAT ITEMS DO YOU EXCEPT FOR CONSIGNMENT?
- Designer labels, name brand and trendy boutique brands for the current season (see the Brands We Love section)
- Items within the last 3 years old
- Eclectic, Unique and one-of-a-kind items
- Authentic only (refer to our Authenticity Policy)
- Brand New items
WHAT IS YOUR CONSIGNMENT SPLIT?
- We offer 40% of the sold price, with the exception of luxury designer items, which are paid out at 50% of the sold price. If you are looking to receive a specific value for an item, this must be discussed during your appointment.
DO YOU BUY OUTRIGHT?
- We purchase jewelry outright and select merchandise bundles on occasion.
DO YOU DO HOUSE CALLS?
- Yes, we do house calls for 75 or more items. We will request a selection of photos to be emailed to ensure we can set up a successful appointment.
WHAT ITEMS SHOULD I NOT BRING IN?
- Pants & active wear (unless they are un-worn and have original price tags), maternity, gowns, pant or skirt suits, bridal wear, bathing suits, sleepwear, lingerie, under garments, belts, household, men’s, and children’s items.
WHY ARE YOU SO SELECTIVE ABOUT THE CONDITION OF MERCHANDISE ACCEPTED?
- We have built a reputation for offering the highest quality of "pre-loved" merchandise. Our customers have high expectations in the inventory we choose and we aim to meet them every day.
WHEN WILL I GET PAID FOR MY ITEMS?
- Consignors have two options of payment; Monies earned accumulate in your account as items sell and remain on your account until you apply them as a store credit toward a purchase or request a check after your consignment cycle has ended.
- Checks with a minimum of $20 or more are cut upon request after your consignment cycle has ended. You can pick up your check Mon-Fri at the boutique, we do not mail checks. Store credit can be used at any time you have a balance on your account. Please note: if you have a few consignment cycles at the same time, your check will reflect what has been sold up to the point check is issued.
WHAT SIZES DO YOU CARRY?
- We carry a great selection of sizes ranging from 0 - 2X,
CAN I BRING IN ANY SEASON?
- We only accept seasonal items - but if you are unsure, please give us a call or ask at the time you make your appointment
- Spring/Summer Season: February–August *Acceptance of white pants or linens starts in April
- Fall/Winter Season: August–February *Acceptance of wool, cashmere, coats, or furs starts in late September
WILL YOU TAKE MY CLASSIC PIECES?
- The best items that sell for us at Lucky Finds Boutique are within the last 3 years old. We understand there are some classic clothing items like the little black dress or perfect pencil skirt, but if they were manufactured prior to the last few years, chances are they are not true to the sizes made today. Over the last 15 years, a size 12 skirt has gradually increased in size by almost 2.5" making it almost impossible to sell as marked.
DO MY ITEMS NEED TO BE BRAND NEW WITH TAGS?
- No. However, they do need to be in excellent condition without stains, tears, odors or signs of wear. That's why we request to have the clothing items clean, pressed and on hangers when they arrive so we are able to evaluate condition.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO PRICE MY ITEMS FOR?
- We have a formula based on the original selling price, the data from how items have sold in the past and we research select items to ensure we are giving a great value to our customers. If you are looking for a specific amount for your items, please discuss this with us at your appointment.
HOW DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF MY ITEMS?
- When your account is created, the computer assigns you an account number. We enter all of your items under the account number and that number is printed on the tags. Once your item is sold, the computer program automatically knows so your account is credited for the sale. We have a very organized system to ensure each consignor's items are accounted for.
HOW DO I KNOW THE ITEMS FOR SALE ARE AUTHENTIC?
HOW OFTEN DO YOU ADD ITEMS TO THE BOUTIQUE?
- We add new items every day.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?
- All items purchased are a FINAL SALE
DO YOU SELL GIFT CERTIFICATES?
- Yes, you can purchase a gift certificate in the boutique for any denomination.
DO YOU HAVE SALES?
- Yes, we always have a selection of markdowns 20%-50% off our prices. On occasion we run special events and boutique promotions.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? AND WHERE DO I PARK?
- Our address is: 7a N. Park Ave in Rockville Centre, New York 11570 (Located between Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway)
- Parking can be a little challenging, please allow enough time to make your appointment time. There is metered parking on street in front of the boutique and a municipal metered parking lot in the back. Consignors can always pull up to our backdoor and bring items in before they park their car.